Monday, February 20, 2012

Weeknight Gourmet

Tonight I created a gourmet meal with some of my Farmer's Market buys on Saturday.
I made shrimp pasta with fresh pasta, garlic, red onions and basil.

-Started out by slicing 2 small onions, thawing out the shrimp and 
rough chopping garlic and basil.
-Next, I started boiling the salted pasta water, and heated up a large frying pan 
with 2T of butter and eyeballed about a 1/8 to 1/4c of extra virgin olive oil(to make a sauce).
-First I added the onions to the oil and butter for a few minutes, the garlic next, and lastly the shrimp.
-After the shrimp started cooking, I put the pasta in the boiling water for only 2 minutes. 
-Lastly I drained the pasta, and tossed it into the pan with the shrimp, then added the basil.
Fresh herb pasta from Ohio City Pasta
-Finally added a few finishing touches with a little more chopped basil, and shredded parm cheese.

This is something that you can easily make, I promise! Rustic meals like this do not need to be perfect!
You can substitute any veggies in here that you have on hand.
Buying local and fresh food, will always make your food taste better and take a meal from
regular to gourmet!

Please share some of your go to weeknight easy gourmet dinner recipes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment