Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Gourmet Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar Tasting - Olive My Heart

A local blogger friend Lyndsey, from A Lovely Little Blog set up a blogger night at an amazingly cute new gourmet olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting room and shop called Olive My Heart.
This shop is local for me, in Hudson, Ohio

Image from Olive My Heart

The night started out with a perfect table of amuse bouche, from a restaurant I love, Nosh Eatery.  The chef prepared an assortment of appetizers that incorporated different oil and vinegar from the shop.  
My favorite was what you see on the little spoon tower, which included a type of fruit, cheese and topped with a flavored vinegar.  Yummy and so cute!
Dessert was a Dark Chocolate Brownie made with the Blood Orange flavored Oil.  Very good and different!  I think they have the recipe on their website here.
Since it was a private event, we got a fabulous tour from the owner Linda, and were able to taste anything and everything we wanted.  Such a great little event to do with a group of girls or couples!  All you need to do is contact them to set it up!
The array of Olive Oil and Organic Balsamic Vinegar was truly amazing.  They had any flavor you could imagine from Fig Balsamic Vinegar to Wild Mushroom and Sage Oil, which tasted like a Thanksgiving meal :)
Actually narrowing down what to buy was the hardest part, but very helpful that you can taste before you buy!!
If you aren't into the private party thing, don't worry, just drop in during their open hours, 7 days a week!

Olive My Heart is a great place for entertainment and gourmet food shopping!
This is a place I would love to take my mother, and return to soon.

Picture of the vinegar dispensers

Part of my dinner tonight...Tuscan Herb Oil made into dipping oil with fresh garlic, Italian seasoning and fresh bread to dip with.
Cannot wait to try out the Fig Balsamic Vinegar I also bought!

No comments:

Post a Comment